Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New (utah) member
Hello everybody. Long time lurker, finally made a user name.

Enjoy fishing fish lake, the berry, causey and willard. Grew up long lining salmon on the great lakes. Slowly transitioning from dedicated troller to throwing baits.

Looking forward to icing a few winter!

EDIT: links are not allowed for advertisement unless you pay for that right.
Welcome to the site Arnie. If you are a long time lurker, I guess you know where the Ut board is located on this site?
[signature]
You bet! I have been (patiently) watching ice reports. Might be time for a causey trip!
Might be worth a try, I haven't tried it yet this season but I might next week. What do you try and catch when you are there, I go after the kokes.
[signature]
Always kokes, i dont mimd catching tigers and rainbows. Given the choice - id eather fill my smoker with salmon!

Had great sucess last spring on open water - hopefully i can get some through the hole this winter.
I hear you there on catching kokes instead of trout for the smoker. The kokes I caught the last time I fished Causey were pretty small, were they of any size when you caught them in the Spring? Were you trolling for them?
[signature]
Very small. Maybe 12-14" still easier to fillet than a comperable trout. I was trolling in my canoe with Scotty riggers. Orange dodger with pink squid, for some reason the kokes in causey dont seem to like tipped squids.

2k18 will be the year of the vertical jig though
Well that not too bad for Causey, the last time I was there ice fishing, a couple of years past, they were 8 to 10". What were you tipping your squid with, that they did not like?
[signature]