Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New NV Fishing License changes for 2018?
I can't remember where I read it, but NDOW was changing the fishing license system to make it easier to understand. I have seen a ton of people get tickets and there fishing equipment confiscated for not having a trout stamp, 2 rod stamp, Colorodo River special use stamp or not having a license at all.

When you go to the NDOW site to do your license online, it takes you to a entirely different website now. https://nevada.licensing.kalkomey.com/

It pulls up all my information from the previous years, but when you go to click to buy a resident fishing license, it says its only 40.00. But, there are no options for trout stamps, second rod stamps, or Colorado river special use stamps. It also doesn't say when the license expires, but there is check box for auto renew now?

I am going to try to call NDOW tomorrow to get some clarification, but was wondering if anyone might know. When I read they were going to change the system, it alluded to say if you buy your license for the year on 1/7/2018 it would be good through 1/7/2019. But, there is no way I am going fishing without a trout stamp, 2nd rod stamp, or colorodo river stamp, unless it is now all included in the residential fishing license price. It would be nice if they were all included It would give us a 15 dollar price break, but NDOW doesn't like to lose money so I doubt it.

Any feedback would be great. Since I just got my back fused, any fishing is fun to me, so I will go hit up Lorenzi for trout.
[signature]
After searching the NDOW website, I finally found this hidden page, that explains the changes to the new license system. I am still going to call NDOW to make sure this is correct. But if it is correct, this will make life a lot simpler. I never agreed with having to buy a yearly license say in November but then it expires at the end of Feburary without giving the person a discount for all the months you did not use the license.

Here is the link to NDOW about the license changes:
http://www.ndow.org/Our_Agency/Licensing/FAQ/#simp1
[signature]
I noticed the changes when I went to get my AIS sticker on Jan 2nd. They weren't able to process any transactions because their systems are down. The nice lady told me I could do it online and the website should be up that night. Lo and behold the website looked completely different. Also bought an annual fishing license, definitely no options for stamps. I'm diggin the new system so far!
[signature]