Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 2-10-04
Started fishing around 10:30 this morning, close to the bank, by the boat ramp in about 10 feet of water. No action for 1 hour. Moved out (South) to about 20 feet of water. No action there either. Saw some other fisherman bring in a couple further south (about 30 yards south of the buoy) so I tried there. Started getting hits at 20 feet in about 50 feet of water. I used a white whatta cricket tipped with waxies. Ended up landing 2 small ones, 12 inches or so-had another 5 hooked but they released themselves and missed another 7 at least. It was pretty active from about 12:30 til around 2:30. Those with more experience probably would have landed 10 at least. Perfect day, no wind, sunshine, eagles, deer!
[signature]
Thanks for the update HCD. The wildlife in that area sure make the trip worth it. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Yes the wildlife is abundant up that way. If you go through Weber Canyon watch the train tracks just above the mountain green exit and you will see alot of turkeys, also there are usually alot of turkeys on the hills. We saw them graizing right along with the deer. One more thing it was at East Canyon last year where I watched an eagle swoop down and try to take a trout that this guy had thrown on the ice. It was pretty cool.I am hopeing to get up that way this weekend. Been sick and couldn't play.
[signature]