Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
porthos33, The Chick, Bass, 1/3/17, Sam (PB)
<br /> So I was planning on taking my buddy Sam since they are out of school all week with extreme cold. I couldn't sleep at all last night and probably got to sleep around 4:30 and three hours later Sam is calling. From what he says I mumbled that I tried calling him and I'd call him in five minutes. Well I don't even remember him calling and around 1230 I woke up to a few where the heck are you texts! haha We decided we would still go but we couldn't leave till around three. We got to the ramp and I had forgotten I had read a post about the ramps being frozen. Well it was frozen all the way to the main channel so that was a no go. Turned around and finally found a spot we could put in. By this time it's almost 4 and we barely had any time to fish.<br /> We headed to our first spot and I started throwing a jerk bait and Sam was throwing a tiny rig (I think it was the three rig for crappie). So after a few casts I pick up the flash mob and catch a bass over 4lbs that had the frame of a 2lber. Caught it after a 5 count fall. I felt just a tick as the rig fell and it was on. So a few casts later I tell Sam to put that tiny rig down and throw one that I had tied on that was similar to the hog farmer. It didn't take much longer and I turn around and that Extra Heavy rod was bent over so far it looked like it was going to break. Got the fish in and it weighed 7lb 6oz which was bigger than a fish he caught a few years ago in Florida that was his PB. We caught a few more and three times we had hits and brought up scales on our hooks. We only fished that one spot and the sun disappeared. Not to bad for about an hour and a half of fishing. I wish we had gotten there when he called b/c I think it could have been an epic day!