Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 1/12/2018
Fished just out from the boat ramp at the marina, maybe a hundred yards to the west and out in 12-25 ft of water. Ice was 6 inches thick in 12 ft and 3-4 inches thick in 25 feet of water. As it thinned out it also was slushy so we stayed back. Only an inch or two of snow on top for easy walking. Catching was slow, two nice fat slot limit cuts and one planter rainbow that came home since we couldn't eat the two we really wanted. Only saw three other groups on the ice. Beautiful day, didn't even set up the tent. Temp when we arrived was 26 degrees.
[signature]
Thanks for the report I am planing on going up Monday do you think it is safe for kids if we stay close say 15 feet of wate?
[signature]
thanx for the update!
[signature]
Yes, it's safe for kids, if you keep them close (of course that's a given anytime you're out in the great outdoors).
[signature]
1/13/18 We are about 50 yards out from the lodge to the south in 30 feet of water 3 inches of clear ice and about 2 to 3 more frozen snow and slush. Fishing has been fair I’ve landed 4 17-19” ,brother landed 4 other brother landed one on my pole. Other 3 1 fish
The best fishing was just before sun up or just before it came over the mountain
Ended with 17 I think with 15 comming from the two with Fish finders.
Deeper (30’)was better from 10 on and 20’ better before then. Most were within 5’ of the bottom. A few were higher and we reeled up and got them to bite.
[signature]
Can you drive to the marina?
[signature]
Yes, the road is pretty well packed. There was a van in the parking lot when we were fishing, not sure if it was AWD or not.
[signature]
Thank you
[signature]