Looks like you're over your limit...nice burbot hidden amongst them lil lakers
[signature]
I had friends
[signature]
Who's the homeless guy?
[signature]
Some hitchhicker it counts...right
[signature]
Still over yer limit [Tongue] looks like a great day. Who caught the burbot?
[signature]
This cat!!!!
[signature]
That's not a burbot 🤔
[signature]
By his chair
[signature]
[fishon] save some for me heading there tomorrow [cool]
[signature]
You can sit by me 😘
[signature]
Could you still see open water to the south or has it iced up?
[signature]
Open water just south of road 11
[signature]
Ice is not growing at all, when I left there yesterday it was 47 degrees. The pressure ridges have a lot of open water around them. the shore lines had open water in spots. Thickest ice measured was 4 1/2" most ice was 3''-3 1/2" out in the channel. There was a little water building on top of the ice in spots. We need some cold weather to lock up the ice. Still safe ice to fish you need to be selective and check thickness of the ice.
[signature]
Looks like Wednesday and Thursday will see the ice recede with highs in the 40's, but after that until the bash the forecast is improving, with it barely breaking freezing for the week heading up to the bash. I just REALLY hope we have some single digit lows to get it to push south a bit.

Speaking of weather forecasts, I am finding really big disparities between some weather sites. Weather.com, accueweather.com, wunderground.com....etc. They have really variable predictions, even just a few days out. Anyone have a preferred weather site for forecasting the area?
[signature]
[quote Riebs]Still over yer limit [Tongue] looks like a great day. Who caught the burbot?[/quote]

the more he catches the less I will catch fishing for kokanee so that is a good thing.
[signature]
[quote Duckbutter]
Speaking of weather forecasts, I am finding really big disparities between some weather sites. Weather.com, accueweather.com, wunderground.com....etc. They have really variable predictions, even just a few days out. Anyone have a preferred weather site for forecasting the area?[/quote]

Go straight to the source, not those second-party sites. And the Weather Channel (weather.com), they don't even know there's a country west of about, oh, St Louis or so.

Weather.gov AKA National Weather Service. AKA NOAA. You can "point forecast" for anywhere. Do it around the area you want, and take an average. Gorge forecasts come from both the Riverton office and Grand Junction office. They'll vary a bit. Be specific in your forecast request.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php...ENCVNIrL3g

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php...ENCWNIrL3g

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php...l11brynH3g
[signature]