Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Good MLK Day
Took my first ever trip to the Berry today. Thanks to "kentofnsl" for the helpful report the other day. I headed out from the marina and found solitude a ways away from everyone. I was hoping to land a nice cutthroat for the online tourney as I've landed a bunch of fish but nothing of great size.

First drop in the water about 8:00 and within 5 minutes landed a 21" beauty. Everything after that was just icing on the cake. Fishing stayed steady up till about 12:00 when it started to slow. Ended up landing 18 cutthroat and 1 football rainbow. 4 of the cutthroat were over 20" and most of the rest were around 18". Biggest measured in at a slot busting 22.5" and 12" girth. Even had two double hook-ups which was wild with fish that big. White or green tubes tipped with chub worked all day. Can't believe it's taken me that long to get up there but sure glad I did!
[signature]
Looks like I should have went the other direction, Thanks for the report and pic's.
[signature]
[quote Dunn13]

Even had two double hook-ups which was wild with fish that big.

[/quote]

Glad I could help. Were your double hook-ups on the same rod or two rods?
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl][quote Dunn13]

Glad I could help. Were your double hook-ups on the same rod or two rods?[/quote]

Two rods. One dead sticking and one jigging. Most of the time they liked jigging better.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Those are some good looking chunky fish.
[signature]
Congrats on a great day!! We were there as well, north of the marina. Our catching wasn't as good but we still managed several slot cuts. The sunrise was awesome
[signature]