Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flasher
What's everyone go to for a flasher? Looking in to buying one humminbird, marcum trying to stay 500 or less
[signature]
I do not have this product, but I've been around it a little. IMHO, it is the best value in ice fishing sonar right now.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Garmin-St...lsrc=aw.ds
[signature]
I have the Vexilar FLX-28 and love it. However I have been looking at that Humminbird Helix 7 so that I could use it on the boat in the summer and have all my marked spots in there.
[signature]
Just make sure it has bottom zoom. I have a Vexilar FL-18 and a Marcum lx3 and they are both great. The ability to zoom in on the bottom or on different parts of the water column in the case of the Marcum lx3 seems to be the biggest difference maker in my ability to see detail.

Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the help
[signature]
Marcum lx-3 is a game changer.
[signature]
ZERCOM - Clearwater Classic... An oldie, but a goodie!
[signature]
I have a helix 7 Non ice version but have it in a case and the transducer on a
20" board. took a couple hours to get set like i want it -so far.works well. battery life didnt seem good with the big screen but i was using an older battery. A Helix 5 will do the same things. cant find a transducer because they are all sold out for a couple of weeks,so they say.
Last weekend my graph had 9 caught with it and my brothers HB 55 had 6 fish caught the other 5 people with us 2 fish< if he can't use his graph he doesn't want to go.
The graph in flasher mode seemed to have the battery last longer.
There is a softwere update for ice fishing with the helix that i still need to do.
[signature]