Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington Res Ice Conditions
Anyone know the ice conditions at Huntington/Mammoth Reservoir? Headed there Thursday and curious.
[signature]
Yes, does anyone have an update on ice conditions? I am trying to decide where to fish tomorrow between Scofield and Huntington.

Thanks!
[signature]
I'm going to fish Huntington Reservoir tomorrow (Thursday). I don't have a recent report but I know there is safe ice up there and some snow on the surface. There has been additional snow since I was last up there but I think a person can walk out from the parking area near the dam and access some good areas to try.

I'm going to try fishing in 15 to 30 feet of water and give some frozen red side shiners a try for the Tigers. I'll be in a gray Ford F250 crewcab with a matching shell and my plates are TOPH20. Maybe we'll meet up there tomorrow.

Mike
[signature]
We fished Cleveland right around the bend Sat. and I know ice conditions are similar. There is 10+ inches solid ice with 4 to six inches of snow and some spots with maybe 1 to 2 inches slush under it. Other spots had the slush frozen. Parking is still good with little snow. You can still park off the road pullouts at huntington which is what I'd recommend since the dam end has had lots of pressure.
[signature]