Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice is off Utah lake. Lincoln Beach bite is on
I have been at Lincoln Beach for the last 2 days. The lake is largely ice free and the white bass bite is on in front of the warm springs.
Yesterday anglers caught over 100 white bass on 1/8 jig heads and a 4' grub.

Today history repeated its self with similar numbers of fish. No walleye to date, but that could change.

The warm winds moving in tomorrow should remove the remaining ice. The falling barometer will put the fish off the aggressive bite for a day or two, but next week the bite should return.With longer days and warming water the walleye should start to think about reproduction and the prespawn fishing is often very good for precocious males and feeding females.

Here is a short video I shot yesterday with my drone of the fishing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YppLtHUAtx4
[signature]
"Yesterday anglers caught over 100 white bass on 1/8 jig heads and a 4' grub."

[#0000FF]If the grub was 4 feet long, how long were the white bass?

Thanks for the report. I figured this breeze would pretty much clear the rest of the lake.

Bring on the walleyes.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Bring on the walleyes.[/#0000ff]

ICE begone[cool]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Thanks for the report! Was the channel open at Lincoln? I was there less than a week ago and it was still iced in.

Pisco

OK, I watched the video this time, so the channel isn't open[Tongue]

Nice video!
[signature]
Is Lincoln Beach still ice free? (good fishing from shore?)
I'd like to try it out this evening, this would be my first time there.
[signature]
I drove to Lincoln beach this morning. Still iced up in the boat channel. So I drove down the road and saw No access to the beach. Private property sign all along the road. They were old signs, so does that mean everyone is walking threw the fence? All the shore line at the warm springs is iced too. To thin to walk on. Will melt off soon.
American fort harbor iced in too, 1-3 inches.
[signature]
Thanks for the update! I’ll probably head somewhere else today.
[signature]