Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chesterfield
Has anyone been to Chesterfield? how are conditions up there?
[signature]
Was there wed. 15 inches of ice. Fishing was slow.
[signature]
Fishing has been very slow the last two weeks at Chesterfield.
[signature]
My brother did good there yesterday , 24 ", 23" were the two biggest . Several 20" .
[signature]
Was their a derby at Chesterfield last weekend? If so, does anyone know what won it? Just curious
[signature]
me and some buddies are going up there this weekend, I am assuming the Ice is still good and the road is plowed to get up there? coming from out of state.
[signature]
Me and my brother will be there Friday , I will post a report when I get home .
[signature]
nice, I am headed up there Friday as well, but wont be up there until later.
[signature]
We will be in a charcoal f250 Ford with atv trailer behind it . Probably on the north east end near the Reservation.
[signature]
How'd it go?
[signature]
It was slow for us , kept two about 20 " . Missed several bites . The group fishing next to us on the point did well . . Edges are good 14 " of ice . Road atv's about 2 miles toward the bouys .
[signature]
Fished the old boat dock from 8-130 we caught 7 I lost a 5 pounder at the hole trying to get it's head started up the hole in 4 feet of water jigging a paddle bug tipped with a meal worm. The others were caught in 8 feet of water with small green jigs tipped with pink power baits on the jaw jackers. The group next to us as the day went on caught a couple of small ones that hammered there baits and we kept one 19 incher maybe 3 pounds that hammered one of our poles that wasn't on a jaw jacker. 2 inches of slush and water and 14 inches of ice. I bend down on one knee to set the jaw jackers and my pant leg soaked up as much water as it could and it all drained into my boots making the last 2 hours of sitting on the ice a bit uncomfortable.
[signature]
It always amazes me how you can tell how much a fish weighed even though it got away. If it was me I would have said it was a 10 pounder.
[signature]
i catch so many fish of the same quality there that i have it down to a science pretty much. i have only caughten one 10 pounder out of there and it was during the spring and we were trolling. since then the biggest and most usual has been 4-6 pounds especially for the big head shakers and the ones that usually take a lot of line its easy to tell.
[signature]