Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
burbot bash
who is going?
[signature]
I am! I am hoping the recent cold weather will help ice conditions this week, but will be whether or not that happens. Been watching the weather like a hawk.
[signature]
I would like to, but I'm having health issues ...I need to wear a heart monitor until Friday night and then mail it back on Saturday, and I can't get it wet anyway.
But I don't suppose anybody wants to trade me a couple of burbots for a couple of $20 bills? [laugh] I have always wanted to try it!
[signature]
I’ll be over with my sons and 2 friends from Wyoming. We have a plan to fish the safe ice and stay in a camper or fish the open water in a boat with a cabin. Either way it should be a fun weekend.
[signature]
I’ll be there, also hoping more ice forms this cold week.
[signature]
Iam going was up there 2 weeks ago and had friends up there last weekend the ice by fire hole is safe
[signature]
Quick question regarding gorge access for those that know, where is it required to have a USFS pass with your vehicle? We may be driving all around the lake and don’t want to get dinged. Thanks.
[signature]
4 degrees in Green River this morning. Ice from the confluence north should be great this weekend.
[signature]
The bash was almost combat fishing for us. There were at least 40 shelters visible from our group, and people 15-20 yards on either side. We caught 8 Burbot and 2 pups as a group which is by far my worst trip there, and we did better than many. Roughly 2000 Burbot caught by 500, so the average wasn’t high. I had a hunch that the winners would be fishing from a boat and I was right. Big congrats to them and the other people that placed. I really wanted to move after the first night but there were so many people we couldn’t find a likely spot that hadn’t been hit. Still had a good time. Hoping for better ice next year.
[signature]
If you don't mind. I would like to know where I can access the ice with a truck. I am taking my Dad fishing there this week. On another post I was told not to try accessing lost dog from the West. Is that still true?
[signature]
We drove down both Lost Dog and road 11, and they were passable with good 4wd, but it was a bit dicey in spots. If it thaws a bit this week and gets muddy at all it could be pretty rough. I am not the best person to give info on this, hopefully someone with more experience than I can chime in.
[signature]