Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo?
Anyone got any recent ice conditions on Echo lately? Would like to go fish it this week sometime any info would be great.

Thanks- hookin-em
[signature]
Was there from 7am till 3pm yesterday. Used the makeshift bridge to get across the open water at the boat ramp. Two inches of fresh snow on top of two inches of slush. Eight inches of good ice everywhere we drilled between the ramp and south to Grass Creek. Edges in better shape away from the ramp but still weak.
Found 7 to 8 inch Perch in 37 to 43 feet of water. Very light bite.
Couple 17 inch rainbows at 10 feet down in 22 feet of water.
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
I heard through some friends that there was a big perch die off this past year. Maybe that is part of your problem, or the fact that there are illegal walleye and sterile planted walleye by the DNR, could be the other.
[signature]
No quantity or quality to the Perch. Between two of us, probably caught a dozen each, biggest may have been eight inches.

Hopefully it will get back to the quality of Perch that was there before the water drop to do the dam work.

As much as I don't necessarily like having them in there, would like to catch a couple decent Walleye.
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
i caught them all. Ha! 20-30 perch days, 8-10". this pic was after i cooked a bunch for tacos on the ice
[signature]
I was on 1/23 and the edges were solid holding my 340 lb frame just by the boat ramp and the ice was a good 8.5" spanning from the tip of my pinky to the tip of my thumb. No perch but a limit of trout.
[signature]