Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Update - Monday 1/22/2018
Well I checked for cisco at Cisco Beach and the State Park marina this morning. It was calm (after two days of wind). No fish......however, I think they could be there on Tuesday or Wednesday. I then went out on the "rockpile" area with a friend. Between two of us, we caught 41 cisco, about 15 whitefish, and at least 10 cutthroat trout. The cisco were snagged on jigging spoons. Some whitefish were snagged too.....but those MUST be released! We picked up several whitefish that hit the smaller castmaster spoons tipped with salmon eggs. We also caught cutthroat trout on both jigging spoons and tube jigs tipped with cisco. The cutthroat were regurgitating cisco when we landed them. The cisco run is on! Now if the weather will cooperate and stay calm we should also be able to dipnet cisco. I'll update again on Wednesday afternoon.
[signature]
Thanks Scott, appreciate your update. Any idea what the lake temperature is? Any chance of ice sometime this winter? I'm afraid I know the answer but thought you would have a more accurate answer. Thanks J
[signature]
Thanks for the update!
[signature]
Unless Mother Nature sends us a couple of consecutive weeks of sub-zero weather, it will not freeze. The water is right at freezing, but wind/waves keep it open. At this time of year, the days are getting longer and solar radiation is higher. Hook up the boat and fish your butt off. The weather is fantastic out of the inversion.
[signature]
Thanks Scott I'll have to do that. Maybe this weekend. I'd like to come this week but work won't let me go. Thanks for the info. J
[signature]