Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek ice?
With the warm weather we've had in December and January, I suspect that Deer Creek will not freeze over at all this year. Does anyone have evidence or opinions to the contrary? I'd love to be proven wrong.
[signature]
The whole lake freeze? I doubt it, but there has been some ice forming around the island recently.
[signature]
Was down there last week and here was maybe fifty yards of ice on the very north end of the lake.

With this cold snap it may have grown some but I wouldn't venture out on it without drilling a ton of test holes.

Will be down there again in the next day or two. Will report what I find.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I was wondering more on have they plowed the ramp and if launching is still possible.

[Wink]ICEBEGONE
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Rode down for a look at conditions taday and found patches of ice along parts of the shoreline. Rest of the lake is wide open.

The main boat ramp has been plowed but some patches of ice are present at this time but they were melting.

On a good note they have pulled the barricades at the island ramp and it is completely ice free today.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
they probably moved them out of the way, because the lake is not under suspicion anymore. they don't have to give everyone a orange tag when they leave[Smile]
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]