Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Utah Help
Hi everyone, I am fairly new to Southern Utah and was just wondering if there are some good trout or bass spots. I am from the Saint George area and do not wanna travel to far (2 hours at most). I have fished Sand Hollow, Baker, and Pine Valley but want to find and explore other places to fish. Any help? Thank you. -Tight Lines
[signature]
Yes, there are lots of good spots there.

The state of Utah has a web site that you can go to to search fishing places near you.
Quail creek and gunlock also. Sand hollow is my favorite though
[signature]
Here is a link to the DWR web site.

Add Newcastle, Kolob, Panguitch, and Minersville to the list you've gotten from the other anglers.

https://wildlife.utah.gov/hotspots/

Happy fishing.[Smile]
[signature]
Don't forget Enterprise, upper and lower.
[signature]
Also duck Creek , Navajo res, Aspen mirror, otter Creek
[signature]
Check your PM. Welcome to the BFT. A lot of good guys here willing to help.
[signature]
Minersville and Newcastle, Lake Powell a little farther than your request but well worth it.
[signature]
All good advice, and totally dependent on species.

I live in St George and although I don't get out as much as I would like anymore, I still get out and fish when I can. If you ever need a fishing buddy let me know.

My favorites within pretty close distances are Sand Hollow, Newcastle, and Kolob reservoirs.

As mentioned, Powell is a little further away (just over 2.5 hours to Wahweap) but in my opinion has the best fishing opportunities and beautiful scenery in the state. Lake Mead in Nevada is actually closer at around 1.45 mins away and fishing can be good there. I personally prefer Powell and think it's worth the extra hour.
[signature]
Thank you to everyone for the information! Still getting used to how this forum works so sorry for the late reply! If I get out to any of these spots I'll have a report on it. Thanks again everyone!
[signature]
Fish lake is 2 1/2 hrs away - perch, rainbows, splake, kokanee and lakers. I'd head there before Powell. I make that trip a half a dozen times a year in the summer to get out of the heat for the weekend.
[signature]