Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panguitch 1-28-18
Hit panguitch lake on Sunday for the first ice fishing trip of the year. Arrived at the lake at 8:30 am at the parking area across from bear paw. Ice was 7" with just a skiff of snow on top. There were areas near the middle of the lake that looked sketchy but might have been clear ice with no snow on top, I didn't venture out to investigate. We set up in 18 to 24 FOW. We started catching fish right away and it stayed pretty consistent until 11 and then they would come through in waves every 20 minutes or so. We caught 30-35 between the 4 of us with the biggest being 19.5, most fish were 16"-18" and all cuts. They were hitting green and white tubes and paddle bugs tipped with mealworms, minnows or crawlers. The weather was perfect with little wind and by the time we left I was almost down to my t-shirt! It was a great day!
[signature]
Welcome to the site and thanks for the report and pics. Looks like it was a great day and some good fishing, you can bet that.
WH2
[signature]
Congrats on the awesome outing, I used to live in Cedar City and hit Panguitch all the time. One of my favorite places to go. Welcome to the site btw!
[signature]
Ya it's a great fishery, kind of similar to Strawberry in some ways. I hope the fire doesn't have a lot of adverse effects on it. I don't know if it's fire related but some of the cuts had jacked up fins, could be beat up hatchery fish? I'll attach a pic
[signature]
That pic of the cutt with bad fins looks like a holdover...a fish held over in the hatchery and then stocked at or near catchable size. it has nothing to do with the fires.
[signature]