Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me hit the ice 2/3/18
Hey this Saturday is the only day I will be able to go ice fishing. I am considering going to Lost Creek, Pineview, or strawberry. But I have a problem, the weather sucks! So I'm not sure with the forecasted weather around any of those lakes if the ice will be safe. Can anybody let me know the current conditions and or recommend a place that should be sturdy enough for me and my old man to go out fishing? You are welcome to reply to the thread, but I know I'm going to forget by tomorrow that I made this so if anyone feels so willing, you can send me a text message at 520-820-6987. Thanks, happy fishing!
[signature]
It may be in the 50's in the valley, but guaranteed it is not in the 50's at the mountain lakes. Strawberry will be safe ice for sometime yet. I have been to Strawberry many times when it is near 50 in Salt Lake and near 0 at Strawberry. Pineview will be a little warmer, but the ice will be around a while longer there also..
[signature]
I think you'll be ok this weekend as well, just be careful and check as you go. Not sure the next weekend will be fishable though so I'd say fish this weekend while you can. Later J
[signature]