Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guntersville guide
I am headed down to Lake Guntersville in April, actually I will be visiting my sister in Huntsville AL., and am looking for recommendations for a guide. I have never tried to fish for bass other than trolling for wipers at Willard and fishing under the houseboats at Lake Powell for stripers. Thanks for any recommendations you have.
[signature]
You'd probably have better luck posting on the Alabama State Forum.
[signature]
[quote lovetofish]You'd probably have better luck posting on the Alabama State Forum.[/quote]
Have you looked at the Alabama State Forum? [Tongue]

There's a good chance that someone here knows more than he'll garnish from looking at the Alabama Forum.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000FF]>[/#8000FF]
[signature]
https://www.facebook.com/rexchambersbassguideservice/

A friend of mine, he will take great care of you if he has the dates available.
[signature]
Nope, but what your post sounds like it probably isn't much.
I was just trying to help the guy out.
[signature]
AAHHH Huntsville, my old high school stomping grounds, Sparkman High 1968-1971 in Toney just on the outskirts. Use to live in Madison and Lickskillet [laugh] on Liberty Road 5mi west of Hazel Green off of US 231. From Guntersville to Scottsboro on the lake was a favorite fishing hole. Use to catch a lot of stripers, large mouth, shell cracker, catfish, and an excellent fighter alligator gar. My 2nd favorite fishing hole for some slabs(crappie) is Lewis Smith Lake near Cullman, Ala. Another fishing hole is west of Decator at Wheeler Lake. Also, the Tennessee River was an all weekend event at times, no sleep fishing for rivercats. Take plenty of mosquito repellent.
Wish I could tell you more current of whats there to be rather than a 47yr absents. If its anything like it use to be you shouldn't be disappointed. I did make a trip passing thru there in Sept 2014 reminiscing for a couple of hours but have never felt so lost trying to navigate my way around but managed ok considering.
[signature]
I have been down there a couple times. Reach out to Tim Chandler. He is an awesome guy and a great guide. I have been on Smith Lake also and we crushed the spots and he caught the biggest striper I've ever seen a spook.

[url "http://www.mildrillafishing.com/"] http://www.mildrillafishing.com/ [/url]
[signature]
It makes sense to check the state page. But this entire website exists because of the Utah board. I would guess that there are more members, more activity, and more posts on the Utah board than on all of the other states combined. Utah also has a lot of folks who have either lived, or spent time in other parts of the world. Seems like the O.P. got a couple of responses here. I wonder if he would've even got a view, let alone a reply, on the Alabama board. Most of the posts on that board are 4 years old.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000FF]>[/#8000FF]
[signature]
Bduck I have never been there, in fact I haven't crossed the Mississippi River since the early 80's. My sister has lived there for about 15 years now so I though I better go visit to keep peace in the family. I think I will sign up with Tim Chandler on Guntersville based on recommendation by fsh4fun05. Thanks for all the help.
[signature]
That is a beautiful part of the country, it was when I lived there in the 60's and still is when revisted it 3 1/2yrs ago. Your going to love what you see to maybe the point of a dream to live there. Its all warm water species fish there. I know the keeping the piece routine, I still do it. Best wishes on your adventure eastward.
[signature]
that is the best lake I have ever fished lots of different fish the late 70s was the last time I was there I have caught giant spoon bill cat fish in there fishing below the dam there were people snagging fish on top of the dam the banks below the dam had giant rat looking things crawling around in the rocks but the fishing was great never been skunked there caught lots of fish every trip have a great time.
[signature]