Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worth walking the plank at PV
Fished PV solo today from 10-1pm. Browning Pt access a tad muddy, which made for a tough uphill pull on return trip. Edges no weaker that two wks ago, tho some Good Samaritan did leave a community 2x4. 9" of good ice. Could have used cleats, but snow islands as big as pitching mounds every 15-20' made for comfy footing. Started & ended at 30'. Not even a bite 1st hr, so moved out to try 34', 38', 47'. Was gonna cash in the chips, but drilled one last hole again at 30' and hit paydirt, yanking nearly 3-doz perch just after noon. Sixteen were 10-11s, ten were 7-9s and the rest were unders. Tried waxies & eyeballs, but the belly slivers shanked on a firetiger tungsten were the ticket. The bite was more committed than weeks ago, and the perch are still spittin' up 2" crappie minnows. Breezy, but not enough to cause problems. Saw one truck above the Port Ramp, 2-3 groups on north side of Cemetary Pt, and one eagle 100 yds out from me.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. We'll be giving it another try tomorrow, hopefully we'll have as good of luck as you did today, but who knows seems to be different situation from day to day this year at PV...
[signature]
I was the guy south of the port ramp. Not a good day for me . managed one perch before dark. Crappie just would not bite....the full moon maybe.....threw the same offerings that scored fish a week a go. Called the buddies and canceled the night bite. WIRED YEAR!!!!

Glad you found them!

LT
Thanks for the report! I'll be looking to bring my dad and brother there this weekend. Their first time ice fishing. Hope we can get into some perch.
[signature]