Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport or echo
Went to Strawberry and fished chicken creek this morning,pretty slow. Looking for a different place to try Saturday is there any ice on Rockport or would Echo be a better bet.
[signature]
When I drove by Rockport today @ 9:45 there wasn't anyone on the ice. I didn't drive all the way to the south end but reports on this forum state that there is open water on the south end.

I fished Echo today (and got skunked). I only fished a couple of hours in 23ft of water. The ice is about 8 inches thick. There were a couple of groups down by the dam but most people were around the boat lauch area. Someone has left a couple of planks at the launch and you need to use them.
[signature]
I got on at the dam, and the first vault toliet past the dam. Edge was soft, but once on the ice was okay. It is starting to rot. I wanted to access the south but that ice looked bad. Thats what i found at rockport.
[signature]
Did the fish reward you for your effort at Rockport? They were pretty fickle at Echo today. Fished all day and only averaged about one an hour.
[signature]
Rockport State park tweeted this yesterday....

RockportSP: We are seeing temperatures near 50. The ice is melting quickly and conditions are changing daily.
[signature]