Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon ice report
Anyone know if the ice is still good enough to fish on the upper end around Taylor Hollow area.Was looking at going there on Saturday. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Wednesday there was about 8” just a little south of Taylor Hollow.
[signature]
Ok thank you ,did you fish and how did you do.if you did .
[signature]
We did fish, and got skunked. No bites or anything.
[signature]
Me and a buddy and 2 of his girls will be there Saturday upper end hopefully we can get the kids on some fish.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I fished Dixie Hollow today from 9 AM until 2 PM. I measured the ice and it was a solid 9" near the buoy line. The edges were wet but solid and I got on and off with no problems at all from the parking lot on the south side. Fishing was very slow with only 3 small trout iced. Did not keep any of them. There were 11 other folks on the ice as well and I didn't notice anybody slaying them today.[/#][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Fished East Canyon this morning from 7:30 until 11:00. We were just North of the Big Rock campground. Edges for us were really soft about a foot out when we got there and 2 feet when we left. Got wet past the ankles but no big deal. It was 45 degrees when we left so the edges will be getting worse. Fished in 18 fow and caught 22 rainbow from 12 inches to 20 inches. The ice was around 8 inches but when we left there was a lot of standing water and a couple inches of slush on top. We were both using white or sparkled tube jigs with wax worms. By 10:30 the bite had died.
[signature]