Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry question and Bear Lake report
We were up for the disco last weekend. Cisco were not in Friday or Saturday morning. We only caught 1 and that was 1 more than we saw anyone else catch. Saturday night I stopped by the marina and found them in close. Ended netting 7. Not great but still fun.
Since the cisco netting was slow we decided to stop by Pugstones. They are great and set us up with some tackle to spin from shore. I caught my first BL cutthroat on a blue and silver crocodile. Full fins so it went back. Probably 17 or 18".

Now the strawberry question. I'm taking my oldest boy up there tomorrow night after work for an evening bonding trip. I've got a tent, heater, poles, tube jigs,lantern, etc. However I've never fished at night up there. Looking for some advice. Soldier creek or marina? Deep or shallow? I don't have a flasher but everything I've learned it sounds like a foot off the bottom tends to work just about as good as anything.
Any help would be appreciated.
[signature]
I would suggest you fish whichever place you are most comfortable with. Close to the marina has been hit hard and the catching has slowed. That said, it still may be your best bet because walking long distances, especially in the dark, may not be what you enjoy. I would try between about 25' and 15' deep water. Without having a fish finder, I would drop to the bottom and slowly work my way up through the water column and repeat. If you start getting bites then concentrate on that depth.

If you see this post in before noon PM me your cell number and if you live close I will loan you a fish finder.
[signature]