Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek in a boat
trolling for rainbows today
I did not care if I caught any, humminbird came out with a up date
so I had to reset my fish finders, plus look at some lures I made for lake trout

I only got 15 Rainbows (moved around alot) the biggest was 18" I brought 4 home there was a lot of milk coming out of them

I used lures that I made, Green was the only thing that worked.
took chubs worms and shrimp. did not catch any with chubs.
downriggers down 20' and 25' saw a lot of fish down 45 feet but they would not bite.
some pictures I took.
[signature]
Let's see a pic of the homemade lures you caught them on.
[signature]
Nice, beats being at work. Did you fill out your annual quagga form?
[signature]
[quote fishgiver]Nice, beats being at work. Did you fill out your annual quagga form?[/quote]

I looked the other day and it said they did not have the test ready, said in February
[signature]
Yes, you cannot get the annual on line but it does not mean that they will not cite you. I printed a daily use form although I may not put the boat in the water for a week yet.
[signature]
Hey, good job being out there.... driving past there yesterday after Strawberry on ice also made me think I'll be tuning up the outboard pretty soon.....yeah, and what's the deal with chub meat? I've tried it several times at various Res. with no results for the trout, where a little piece of shrimp on lures has had positive results....I'm talking through the ice, never tried cut shrimp or chub for trolling....does the chub meat have to be soaked in shrimp juice or some other flavor for it to work?...
[signature]