Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sulphur Creek Fishing Derby
I was just wondering if anybody is attending the Sulphur Creek fishing derby Tomorrow Saturday February 3rd. I heard about it on the radio (unfortunately this morning) Please if anyone happens to go please post ice conditions and success.
[signature]
We were going to go to the derby at Millsite, but it got postponed to an open water derby in March. We are up in Evanston now for the Sulphur derby. Fished for a couple hours tonight. Got ten between myself and my boy (he got seven of them). The ice was at least 14”. It was blowing pretty good. If it’s like that tomorrow, it’ll be a long 6 hours. I’ll post the results.
[signature]
According to the weather report, it won't be blowing like that. It will be blowing a lot harder!
[signature]
I drove up this morning to fish the derby. The wind was blowing hard ! Turned around and came home. I can handle the cold but wimd, NO!
[signature]
Pack it in
PACK IT OUT ! 
Yeah, I can understand that. It did blow all day, not sure it was worse than last night- but it got old. I never fish in a shelter and today was not one of those days. With ice conditions the way they are, beggars can’t be choosers. I’ve fished Sulphur 3 times and they were all just like today, except I caught fish this time. We only got a dozen or so with no size to them. My boy did catch a walleye. I did not stick around for the awards and raffle, but the fish cop told me 17.5 was as in the lead at 12:30. I have no idea what the final results were.
[signature]