Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry night report 2/2
My boy and I got a late start so we just headed to the marina. We set up about 7:15pm. Fished east of the lodge in about 17 FOW. We used various glow jigs. Most effective bait was mealworms and crawlers. We caught 4 cuts ranging between 16-21.5”. The bite lasted about 30 minutes or so and then it died off. We left just after 9:00. Great time. The night trip is something I have been wanting to do for years. Thanks to those who helped out with info.
[signature]
Sounds like you had nice evening and you even got out there ahead of the Eakle KSL Outdoors Ice fishing seminar going on today ... How were the ice conditions?
What were the edges like and temps? I’m taking a group out next saturday to the Soldier Creek side and hope not to cancel due to poor conditions.
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
Edges were fine. A little water on the edge of the ice in one spot where we got on but no problems. We left the ice 30 yards to the side and it didn’t have any water on top. 8” of ice. The top couple inches were cloudy but plenty solid. Air temp was 34 when we got there and 30 when we left. Several snowmobiles were buzzing around. Maybe in preparation for today’s activities.
[signature]