Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 2/3
Probably my last trip to Pineview unless some miracle arctic freeze hits us. Fished from Browning and ice was fine once you got on. When I left around 2:00 there was about 8' of water on the edge with a few more feet of very weak ice before you got to the solid stuff. Looked like there may be better access spots on different parts of the lake but the end of the trail at Browning is shot.

Fishing was slow. Tried perch parts, spikes, and waxies but couldn't get anything to consistently bite. Managed a few decent perch but nothing to brag about.
[signature]
Excellent pics of the shoreline access at PV going downhill in a hurry. Was out there myself today, but walked across from N side of Cem Pt, and even that was waterlogged. Like you, I moved a lot & marked a lot, particularly in the 40-ft range, but nada. Only 3 bites & one dink all day. Same with everyone I talked to. Plus, that wind from the W was neither warm nor fun. That's it for me as far as the ice fishing season. Enjoyed a better-than-avg one, but time to start organizing the Crestliner.
[signature]
Similar results in the Narrows. Edges weren't as bad but still starting to open up. Light bite and small hook ups.
[signature]
Similar report from spring creek. Fished from 8:30-1:00. slush in the morning turned to standing water midday. Slow perch bite (came in waves though, with small periods of excitement). All edges were open, we found a plank.
[signature]