Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online mussel certification
Here is the latest on the DWR's online test for your AIS.

We are currently updating the 2018 online certification course with new information. We expect the test to be ready by March 1, 2018. We appreciate your patience.

I'll just keep using my one from last year until I can get one for 2018.[Wink]
[signature]
I seen the same thing when I tried to take the test, I didn't dare go without one, so I've been printing out the individual certificates for each day I go till the new ones are available... Don't figure on any being available at the launch point, they don't seem to keep it stocked this time of year... But good to remind all of the need to update before you take the boats out again... now it's 2018... thanks J
[signature]
I also printed some daily use forms, you can not depend on the compassion of a park ranger that you could not get an annual because they are still trying to figure out the correct questions. It is just not worth the hassle!
[signature]
Agreed best not to hope for kindness. Cover yourself. J
[signature]
I also tried to do my annual certificate this weekend. Notice I saw said 1 Feb, and it was the 4th (Sunday, yesterday) But I downloaded the daily version. It's got some new info on the bottom of it. I was able to reduce the size and print on both sides of one piece of paper. I printed out several copies to keep in my truck, just need to add the date each time.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Thanks.

On a normal year you probably wouldn't need the certificate until March.[Smile]
[signature]
Don't bet on it, especially if you are fishing Powell or in the St. George area!! They are very diligent about checking. As already stated, better be safe than sorry !!
[#0000FF]Since you only have to display the one side on your dashboard, it is simpler to just print the one side, full size.

Here is a PDF file you can print for just the signature side...one piece of paper...one side.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Bear Lake
[signature]
Thanks. That may be true, but I never put the boat in the water without having my annual form on the truck dashboard. Until the annual is available, I will use the daily. Have enough copies in the truck now to make several trips. But I doubt I will get on the water til about the time the Cat Contest starts again.
[signature]

Cool
Pat, thanks. I got that saved already, and several copies printed out and in my truck. Usually when I have the annual copy, I have it in a plastic 5x8" document protector. Keeps it from getting mangled in my center console where I keep it and my park day pass. I just toss them both up on the dash as I go in the gate. Usually before the gate gal shows up.
[signature]

Cool
[#0000FF]I always get the annual as soon as it is available, and I too keep it right along with my park pass for quick display.

As required, I also keep a copy under plastic in my float tube...along with my registration papers.

Are you going to come down on "Golden Pond" again this year? Hopefully we get more water and the fish treat you nice.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I always just tape the annual ais certificate to the bottom inside of my windshield that way I don’t wonder if I remembered to display it.
[signature]
I shrink the annual certificate down putting it in a plastic holder and tape it inside truck lower left windshield. It stays in there throughout the year where I don't need to worry about it being displayed. I also have another plastic holder for my parks pass with a copy of the certificate too. It may seem overkill but thats in the event I need to switch to another vehicle. To continue with my overkill I taped one inside my boat side window starboard side. Try that one and listen to the comments from those who inspect.
[signature]
Looking at the attachments a couple of people have graciously created and added here I see it lists Deer Creek. I thought they announced recently that Deer Creek is no longer a concern. Maybe that's what they are working on updating in the annual form. Hmmm.....

[url "https://stateparks.utah.gov/2018/01/11/quagga-requirements-lifted-at-deer-creek-reservoir/"]https://stateparks.utah.gov/2018/01/11/quagga-requirements-lifted-at-deer-creek-reservoir/[/url]
[signature]
Yep, soon as they get the annual back on the web site, I'll do the test and get it. Until then, I'll carry enough daily pre printed copies. With my annual I do keep a copy protected in a sealed document holder, and in the dry box of my boat with the other documents. But until the annual is ready, I will have 2 dailies for each trip. One for truck and one for boat.
And, yes I plan to make more trips to the UL. I have my annual leave scheduled in June, will try to make it down a few times during that vacation time. May be able to bring the better half for another weekend stay if she can schedule some of her vacation at same time.
Fish treated me pretty good last year. And now that I know where and how to get a mess of WB, I will be sure to hang on to more than I did last year. Of course, as most years, the water situation is the one unknown and uncontrollable variable. The way this winter is going so far, looks like water could be pretty slim this summer.
[signature]

Cool
[#0000FF]Hope you can hit "Golden Pond" down here again this year. I am forecasting a good year for larger cats. But I am not so optimistic about you being able to duplicate your experience with the whities. There was a heavy runoff last year...after a good winter of snowfall. Not likely to be much runoff and stream flow this year. You may have to look harder to find the fish.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Well, that"s why it's called "fishing" and not catching.
[signature]

Cool