Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 2/5/18
Fished chicken creek west today, I was alone all day. Caught 6 cutts, 2-20”, 2-21”, a 19” & a 22.5”. It was a beautiful quiet day. Didn’t photo the 19” cutt.
[signature]
Nicely done! We were there just a few days ago also, hits for me only off the bottom....same for you? or any suspended?
[signature]
Saturday all my catches came from 10-20’ fishing in 27 fow, that day I caught 5 & my buddy caught 7. Both days fish wanted action. We didn’t catch any on our deadsticks. Constant work of the column brought the fish in or so it seemed. Yesterday I went alone but the fish still needed movement on my jig to strike. Sat. We caught smaller fish fishing a flat, yesterday I fished structure but yesterday fish were off the bottom.
[signature]
Looks like you had some fun!!! Howz the surface of the ice? Does it still have snow on it? Just wondering if a snowmobile will have snow to cool the track and engine or not.... Crazy year, not often you worry about strawberry in early February.. this is usually the prime time best snow of the year.. Thanks Later J
[signature]
The ice is still nice & thick, there were only thin patches of snow but there was a lil snow on top.
[signature]
Thank you for the update. We hit it today with wheelers and I think both sleds and wheelers are okay but not a lot of snow. Wind nearly cleared it today. Group did good around 20 fish, me not so much only one for me but seen lots of fish just couldn't makem bite for me. Thanks again J
[signature]
Awesome! How did the ice look, still 8”+?
[signature]
There was 12-13" today north of marina. Lots of cracks and pressure ridges but they were easy to cross. Later J
[signature]
Thanks.
[signature]
You're welcome.
[signature]