Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo No More...for me
tried fishing Echo yesterday (Tues.) with no success - couldn't get on the ice!....You'd need a 15 to 20 ft plank to cross wherever we looked.....it may have been more accessible closer to the dam, but I am not interested in rock-climbing up and down to get to any ice there....Very Sad.....had several very good ice days there, just up to a week ago.....I guess you could do the approach with waders.....but I'm taking it off my list....no one else in parking lot, no one else seen anywhere on lake....Guluk...
[signature]
I was there a week ago and someone had put some planks at the end of the boat launch and you needed them to get on solid ice.
[signature]
Must be bad all around, I drove past yesterday morning on my way to SLC and then again late afternoon on my way home. Nobody on ice that I could see either time, about 10 ft, of open water along the dam.
[signature]
Just recently I mentioned to another poster that we need someone to come up a new business - (Planks R Us ?) just for us ice fishers where we lose our ice edges too early.....Some parameters could be: light weight (under 10 lbs), collapsable or retractable (fit in your trunk), portable (easy to lug around), and affordable....Know somebody that can build it???? I'd be a customer....
[signature]
[quote Jmorfish]Just recently I mentioned to another poster that we need someone to come up a new business - (Planks R Us ?) just for us ice fishers where we lose our ice edges too early.....Some parameters could be: light weight (under 10 lbs), collapsable or retractable (fit in your trunk), portable (easy to lug around), and affordable....Know somebody that can build it???? I'd be a customer....[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Already been done Joe. Click here:[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][/#800000][/font]
[url "https://www.ebay.com/p/15-5ft-Multi-Position-Aluminum-Folding-Step-Ladder-Foldable-Lightweight-En131-HD/1312420385?_trksid=p2047675.l2644"]15.5ft Multi Position Aluminum Folding Step Ladder En131 HD[/url]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
That's too bad about Echo. I really wanted to try there for perch and trout. Fish Lake seems too far for me. By the time I find a day I could make it out to Fish Lake, all the ice will be gone there too.
[signature]
Bob, that looks pretty dang nice....think it would hold a person in the middle portion of it when it's extended flat from shore to ice??....I think I'd like to know it'd hold the weight before I'd buy it, but that sure is the idea.....
[signature]
Too bad we had to lose it so early....not too many choices left on the hard deck....have you been hitting Birch Creek at all lately or doing any good there?....P.M. if you'd like..
[signature]
Can à row boat be put on Rockport yet? Is access to the boat ramp open? What does it cost to launch a boat there? Thanks.
[signature]
I didn't get to ice fish Rockport at all this season, but driving past, it sure looks like you could put a smaller boat in now....but someone with more recent info may be able to give you a definitve answer....no special launch fee at this state park, but you do need your daily entry fee, or annual state park pass....and be sure to have your signed quaga mussel statement for your boat, canoe, etc...guluk...
[signature]
The ramp was iced in last weekend out to the first point to the south. We went to twin coves camp ground and if you can carry your boat 100’ you could get to open water. You’ll need to check the rules though, not sure on that.
[signature]
This cold snap that were getting this week will cape it closed once again with it being below freezing all day will make it safe again.
[signature]
You know, you just may be right about that....that's what I was thinking as I was watching weather report tonight ....hmmm, might get to look at Echo later this week....hope to hear from anyone else who may get to look at it before I do....Guluk...
[signature]