Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mack's Flash Lites and Hot Wings
Have you tried these and how well do they work? I like the idea of having less drag vs. traditional pop gear, but do you lose something with the attracting vibrations that metal blades have? I have looked at these in the store and thought they didn't look that durable considering the price.
[signature]
I am not a troller, I hate trolling, but sometimes for Walleye it is the only way.

I have used the same "blades" they use for their trolling rigs on my walleye trolling setups and they spin at a much much slower speed. For Walleye, that is often critical. I found that they were much flashier then the metal spinner blades I could buy, and that is also good.

But, as you suspected, they have much less vibration in the water. They do have some, and they move a lot of water, so it is not a "silent" approach, but ......

Less just say that they are different, another tool for the tool box.

And yes, they catch trout as well. Where I trolled for Walleye we often caught as many Rainbow as we did Walleye.
I have 2 or 3 of the 'flash lites' style, and was very successful using one 2 summers ago up at FG res., and that's why I bought 2 more....Last summer I had good success with home-made spinners and didn't get back to the 'flash lites'....and when I used it successfully at FG, I was combining it with another 6" homemade spinner....So IMO, just another tool (like was said) but maybe good to try once in awhile for trolling - lots of flash for sure...Guluk...
[signature]