Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mill Meadow - half and half
A couple of us fished MM today in our tubes from 9:00 until 2:30. About half of the reservoir is still capped but there was enough open water for a couple of determined old coots to dip their tubes. We launched just south of the bay where UM Creek comes in.

We used fast sinking lines and size 6-10 bead head leeches, buggers, and soft hackles in 12 - 40 FOW. The water temperature was 37-39 degrees and the visibility in the water of about 6' (that's good for MM). The weather was great with temps in the 30's & 40's and very little breeze.

We picked up a mix of tigers and browns with one 13" rainbow thrown in. The fish ranged in size from 8" to 17" and most were pretty skinny. The reservoir level is coming up but it is still down 15' - 18' from being full.

We wanted to hit Forsyth but it has covered back over with the exception of a small portion near the springs.
[signature]
How long have they had that paved boat ramp down there?
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]How long have they had that paved boat ramp down there?[/quote]

I was fishing down there in October 2001 when they were installing it.

I've attached a photo from November 21st last year when the water level was at the very bottom of the concrete ramp.

I'm not sure how big of a boat can be launched because the ramp is fairly steep.
[signature]
Thanks. I had many wonderful days of fishing Mill Meadow, as a child, with my parents, uncles and grandparents. The last time I fished it was off of the point in your picture. I remember, as a youngster, watching some guys catching fish after fish from a boat there. They were using something called Flatfish and I figured that must be the ultimate lure to use while trolling.
[signature]
I just love seeing Mill Meadow reports on here! It's too far away for people to be swarming the place after a good report, but brings back a LOT of nostalgia! My dad grew up down there and we are there at least once a year. I try to hit Mill Meadow at least once each trip.
That was a skinny little fish! But I'm glad to see the perch haven't taken over again!
[signature]