Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek help?
Going to Deer Creek tomorrow trolling. First time there. Any suggestions on location and depths?[fishon]
[signature]
Try small rapalas, rainbow worked the best last time, just long lining them for trout, could not find the perch or eyes, last time, trolled from the island along the east side through rainbow bay to the main launch had 3 limits of trout.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
I don't know a whole lot about trolling I've had success on Deer Creek but I will tell you this, tomorrow may not be the best time to go, 38 degrees chance of snow and windy like conditions, and if you're like me, trolling in the wind can be horrible. If you go I've had luck on rapala rainbow colors and gold colors.
[signature]
If you are not finding the fish out in open water start moving closer to the shores.

With people reporting that the trout are showing signs of getting ready to spawn you might find a better size of fish closer to the shoreline. Have done well this time of year with small Rapalas and spinners.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
It's hard to do better than a Colorado blade and night crawler. But you will get lots of small planters, which are hard to release with out killing.
[signature]