Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry night 2-9
Just got back from the marina area. Fished alone so I didn’t want to go too far from the lodge area. Fished from 7ish to 830 and caught 2 cutts that went 18 and 20”. Lost two others on the way up because I tried to move the lantern. Fished in 20 FOW within a couple of feet of the bottom. Used glow plastics tipped with crawler and mealworm. Missed several other bites. All in all a fun night of serenity time.
[signature]
Nicely done....sounds like a good evening....We usually do pretty good just right of the boat launch area, 28 to 35 FOW....but haven't tried evening yet this season....can you say if you are going right or left of the launch ramp? pm if you'd rather....tks...
[signature]
You did better than us. We went to chicken creek from around 11:30 to 1:30 a.m. and only got a few nibbles. What’s the best times to fish strawberry in the dark?
[signature]
I don't mind sharing at all. I fished near the north shore, east of the lodge. I parked by the gas storage/pumps and walked east down the trail just south of the lodge. From there I went north across the ice toward the shore. I think it might be faster to park on the north side of the lodge and walk down from there. If I remember correctly, there was a bouy kind of in the area but it was on that north shore. Fishing seemed to be best between 7-8:15pm. It slowed towards the end and did the same thing last week when I went for my first night trip (we stayed a little longer last time).
I hope this helps.
[signature]
Rgr that - pretty sure I got it....hope to be on the ice once during the week....tks, and Guluk...
[signature]