Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 2/10
Fished Strawberry today in a group in the Sage Creek Bay area. Horizontal snow, but no matter once the shelter was set up. Weather was cold, and the catching matched.

We had the underwater camera watching the jigs, and there were definitely fish there but we hard a really hard time enticing them. Two nice slot cutts through the ice, a few other bites, and a lot of fish having no interest in our rigs. Among other things, we tried various colors of tubes tipped with crawlers or wax worms, with and without scent. The two fish we caught were on white tubes.

Ice was slick on the top today -- the snow was blowing off the ice, leaving just the smooth surface. It's not often you can do doughnuts on a snowmobile.
[signature]
I tried waxies last week but found they preferred meal worms. They can be so finicky sometimes.
[signature]
Wondering where winter went? It was at Strawberry yesterday. We stayed warm in a big shelter, but fishing was completely cold! What a blizzard!
[signature]
Randy and I managed 9 between us, so I can attest to the slow fishing. Having a shelter to get out of that merciless wind was a necessity yesterday.
[signature]
How is the ice looking up there?
[signature]
Was 12-13" on Friday, good condition, but lots of pressure ridges, most are fine to cross though... Looks like we have a little while left on the ice up there... Later J
[signature]