Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION FOR BASSASS
Hey Lonehunter told me to come to you. I'm 14 and I love to fish, I fish at lakes in kansas. I would mostly like to catch bass. I don't know a whole lot about fishing so if you could direct me to some good sites and such that would help a lot.

Thanks
[crazy]WELL...i never fished kansas water before ..but im sure the bass are just about the same ...power baits work good ..power craws power leechesi also use alot of culprit worms ..they seam too work good .. find out what the fish are eating ...see if there is any bugs in the water like may flys ..i use a pump i test the water all over the lake ..and look and see what comes outta the pump..another good bait is river side if you can find them try differnt kind of tubes too they work well in most places ..white green and red work well in most waters around here ..bass assassins work well also..most top water baits work well too ..rapalas work good too ..try a skitter walk or skitter pop i love them baits for morning fishing ..there is a guy in our bass club ..alls he fished is top water all day even when its windy..excalibur make a very good top water also try them they make alot of noise and spit water which makes for a good day on the water ..top water is fun cuz the fish just blow up on your bait .. i dont set the hook as soon as i hear or see the hit ..wait a few seconds then set the hook ..i dont know if drop shot is ok too use in kansas or not ..that is a good way too catch alot of fish ..we cant use that set up here in michigan ...1 new bait on the market is a XPS swim bait i got 12 the other day ..cant wait for spring... here is the link too my bass clubs site ..we have many links for fishing there try them out when you get time..this site is about the best site out there for fishing info ...
[signature]
Hey BASS, Are you ready for the spring fling yet??????[cool] It's warming up here in Cali and spring fling is just another 5 minutes away. Yeeeeehaaaaw.

We already got to 80deg. today. The weather is perking up real nice. Just need some good weed growth.
[signature]
spring? whats that ..we go from winter too fall...hahahahaa yeah i am ready ..i look at my boat everyday when i go out .i like fishing the river in the sping ... big crappie and ..if your lucky you can hook a 5 foot dog fish ....one year we got 47 crappie .. all over 16" bigest was 21 ... i didnt get the big one tho .... i did get the most ...and thanks for the info on the 80deg thin i'll be thinking about that all weel now ..hahahaha got down too about 15 the other night ..thats a heat wave for these parts [Tongue]
[signature]
Well keep yourself bundled up and keep your worms warm. I just love those big crappie. I have some recipes on the recipe board. Feel free to check them out and contribute any that you might have.
[signature]
[shocked][shocked] 80 degree weather! I think I forgot what 20+ degrees feels like. I'd just about kill for that right now[Tongue].
[signature]
We need that to keep up for a few more days. That will provoke an early spawn for this year and open the Bass season right up.
[signature]