Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp at Cutler
I want to go fish at Cutler, as i finally have a free weekend. I thought I might try to get some carp. Is it too early in the year?
[signature]
Welcome to BFT, hey sorry I wasn't watching the board over the weekend, but it's not too early for carp, I've been catching them through the ice all winter... However, you may need to down size your offering and fish for them like you're after crappie.... I'm thinking since the ice is gone in many locations now, that I'd try a small ice jig with spikes or small piece of worm under a bobber and see what it does... I expect it will catch some, but don't expect fast action this time of year... Keep it slow and give them a chance to grab it... Later J
[signature]
[#0000FF]Read the info below from the 2018 Fishing Guide Book. Corn is now legal to use in Cutler...as well as other carp venues. Fish it below a bobber or let it soak on the bottom. A size 6 or 4 hook, covered with a few kernels of "Niblet hackle" is money for buglemouths.

Otherwise, they will slurp up a piece of worm almost equally well. And plain old flour and water dough balls will work too.
[/#0000FF]
Using corn as bait
In 2018, the Division will continue its
pilot study that allows the use of corn as
bait at the following waterbodies:
• Cutler Reservoir
• Deer Creek Reservoir
• Electric Lake
• Fish Lake
• Flaming Gorge
• Lake Powell
• Stateline Reservoir
• Utah Lake
Corn is an effective bait for kokanee
salmon and is legal in all the surrounding
states. Studies have shown that it has no
harmful effects on fish or their digestive
processes.
Although you may now use corn
at the waterbodies listed above, you
must still follow Utah’s other laws
that regulate chumming and littering.
Throughout the pilot study, Division
biologists and law-enforcement officers
will be monitoring these areas closely to
see if the use of corn should be expanded
or discontinued.
[#0000FF][/#0000FF]
[signature]
Ok thanks you guys I will report how it goes, i am gonna try corn and make some boilies to try.
[signature]