Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saw Chubby Checker then fished Deer Creek
Went to Park city last night and saw Chubby checker . My Granddaughter started fishing with us when she was 4 yr old .( she now has two kids and one on the way) the only tape we had was of Chubby checker when we were not catching fish
we would play his songs, she would dance in the boat then we would start catching fish. she saw he was coming to Park City so she bought 4 tickets for a christmas present. Great show. (she still love to Fish)

went to Deer Creek today from 8 am to 9:30 cuught 10 rainbows (was fishing alone)
I stopped counting after that. slowed down after 11 am
for the rainbows was using two hooks on a lure with shrimp on one hook and worm on the other speed 1.5 mph when it slowed down picked speed up 1.7 to 2 mph and it worked

I saw all these fish by the bottom so went down after them
here is a picture and a snap shot
[signature]
Chubby checker is still alive?
Sounds like you had a good day at DC and wow, nice brown, good color on it.
[signature]
he is still alive and older than Me he is still really good.
that was a good day they don't come like that a lot at deer creek
I found the browns, now I need to get some one to go with me so we can get two downriggers down and change lures to find what they like
plus still fish for rainbows.
[signature]
Chubby checker is a funny man!!! And nice brown you.got their bud,, I've caught some nice one's at the gorge,but the biggest I've ever had on was at dc ice fishing...nice fish.
[signature]
Looking at the Graph pictures I was hoping to see Walleye as the species. Fun seeing and catching to confirm what you were looking at. Go Get Um.
[signature]
tell you what, I'd sure enjoy a trip with you, whether it's DC bows and browns or Strawberry kokes....Curt is a sometimes fishing buddy of mine, and he said he learned alot and enjoyed trolling in your boat, pre3tty sure it was at Strawberry for the kokes.....always enjoy your advice and pics as relating to trolling, as that's been my favorite method these past 5 years since finally getting my own (older, but a gooder) FiberForm, rigged up pretty nicely for trolling....I especially like F.G. and now Strawberry for the kokes, but also E.C., Rockport, Lost Creek, for bows and cutts....but I've never trolled D.C.....a little warmer weather again, and I'd sure like to tag along and share expenses....Joe...
[signature]
Good to see the fishing is good!

I was planning to take some friends up for a quick trip during a visit back to Utah this weekend.

But I assume the snow has closed the ramps at Deer Creek for a while? Is that correct?
[signature]
Nothing a couple bags of salt wouldn't fix.

The island ramp is open and with the lake being 2.5 feet from full pool makes for a short ramp to deal with.

And with the sun out after the storm they may be clear already.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.