Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caught a great Perch .
I caught a new personal best perch over the weekend. 15 3/4 in. and weighed 2.56 lbs. on a certified scale.
[signature]
Awesome fish now that’s a jumbo!!! Congrats [Smile]
[signature]
Congrats on a beautiful fish. It proves they are out there and I’m glad you shared it so we could all see it!
[signature]
Way to go Gary that's a hog. Congrats. J
[signature]
great job the weather was pretty rough and the catching was way slow last weekend. glad you didn't go swimming with some of the others.
[signature]
Wow

That is an amazing perch ! Great job, and thanks
For posting the picture
[signature]
Way to go Gary. You prevailed even though the fishing overall was pretty slow. Still a great trip.

Mike
[signature]
I just looked up World Record Perch and I think you have a world record Perch . The World record Perch is from Idaho , caught last year and was 2 .19 Lbs. If that is true you beat it by a bunch . 2.57 Lbs. Congratulations !!!
[signature]
Actually the Idaho record is 2 lbs 15 ozs.
This on weighed 2 lbs. 9 oz., way off.
[signature]
Congratulations! That had to be fun!
[signature]
Awesome fish Gary!
When you walked over to my tent and showed me that bad boy, I was blown away.
The shape and features of that fish actually reminded me more of a Peacock Bass than a Yellow Perch.
I had a blast with you, Kim, Kay, and Dubob. Thank you for the invitation!!
P.S. Right after you showed me your fish, I took a picture of my rig during the storm we were in to remind me to be prepared every ice outing.
[signature]
[#0000FF]The fish is a beauty. The guy holding it...not so much.

Nice work.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Wow...awesome fish...great job. Seeing pictures like that keep the hope of a monster alive.
[signature]
That hurts, Pat, even tho it's true.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Sorry Gary. You know I'm a fan.

Kinda like the old schoolyard slam: "Does your face hurt you? It's killing me."

Or the saying about photos. "Some want justice. Others want mercy."
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Shane, I thought you had a gray side by side with tracks, did you get a new one? Or do I just have a poor memory of last years picture? Must admit I love that ride and the shelter's pretty sweet too... Glad you guys had a good trip... and was nice to see Gary get the big one... Was Mike (TopH20) with you guys? Later J
[signature]
This is my original rig.
Wanted to show the wind and sideways snow we were in and to always be prepared to 'hold'er down'.
That Otter survived 'Fishlake Perch Tournament '17' after rolling 200 yards and throwing out all my gear each tumble.
Trying to head out tomorrow and see if I can catch anything in Utah but would head back to Cascade in a second.
To set the hook on a yellow devil, the rod double over with no give, and then have a perch take line out is quite a rush.
AND, my best was still a full pound under Gary's fish....
[signature]
Sounds like lots of fun, the fishing not the tent tumble. I didn't realize that the flips got scattered as well in that wind. I thought it was just the pop ups. Guess I better put some good tie down spots in my flip.

So how long was Gary's fish? Was it over 16"? Well best of luck on your ice trips. Will be heading back to the berry maybe next weekend unless we try a Uinta trip. Later J
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain] So how long was Gary's fish? Was it over 16"? Later J[/quote]

Hmmm did you not see length in ‘very’ first post????????
[signature]
Awesome fish. Was it caught in Wyoming? I wanted some perch Saturday before last, so I took my son and fished Boysen and Ocean. We were skunked at both places.:-(
[signature]