Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer creek walsburg
So I went fly fishing on middle Provo and spent the day watching some other guy catch 5 browns while they attacked mine but left it at that. So after watching him get everything I had enough and packed up and went down to wallsburg area and tried my luck. The air temp was 16 degrees and there was a lone boat trolling the channel. Once again I got a couple hits but couldn’t land anything while I watched the guy on the boat bring in 2. So there was fish but not for me. The whole north end was covered in ice and the northern marina (don’t know its name) had ice around the island.
[signature]
That's basically how my Saturday went, but I tried fishing the lower Provo river before I got up there. I also spent a while trying to get a baitcasting rod dialed in well enough to justify buying the stupid thing last year. I haven't had much luck on colder days, so I'm probably not making another attempt until it warms up.
[signature]
I’m with you on the cold days being less productive. The only reason I’m going is I just got my fly rod for my birthday and I’m trying to learn. This was only the second time using it. But I’m loving it. I’ve gone to the park to practice but I want to learn in water and I’m trying to brave the cold. Even if it means I’m talking a half an octave higher lol
[signature]