Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek 2-24
Needed some sanity time so I headed up to DC and fished for a couple hours tonight. Fishing was slow until about 4:45. Then the fish were in and the bite was on. Best bait was yellow power bait in salmon egg flavor. Missed several bites but ended up with 2. The bigger fish was 18”. I caught another one that size but I actually snagged it’s fin, so I released it.
[signature]
Good job braving the Winter conditions....if you ever get tired of pan frying those rainbows, they actually smoke up really good also...I know a lot of guys are snubbing their noses at the rainbow trout, but when you get a couple of bigger ones (15 or 16" on up) you've got the makings for some very tasty smoked fish....Guluk....
[signature]
While growing up in Panguitch, the only fish I'd ever really ate were trout. Once I moved to Provo and picked up fishing again, I thought it was really odd that so many people I met just weren't interested in catching and eating them.
[signature]
Where I grew up as a kid in Wis. any trout was a rarity, and considered a prize....so when I moved to Utah - a long time ago - I was pretty thrilled with the trout fishing here....still enjoy it, trolling, ice fishing, once in awhile even sitting on the bank and relaxing with buddies....that being said, my preferred table fare for the trout species would be #1, kokanee, then pup-sized lakers, then tiger trout, then cutthroat, then a high mountain brookie, then a rainbow.....and at the bottom of the my list would be the11 or 12" new planters......in the past 10 years or so I've also enjoyed targeting (and eating) warm water species, especially ice caught perch, bluegill, and crappie, and Summertime walleye....So, lots of good catching/eating fish in addition to trout......Guluk....
[signature]
Very Similar experience growing up in SoCal. Most successful trout fishing involved closely monitoring the stocking reports and following the parade. Then I moved to Utah and was in fishing paradise. I couldnt beleive that nearly every stream, lake , etc had fish in it , then the amazing variety of , trout, Salmon, etc ...... So I decided to stay...... [fishon]
[signature]