Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake refreeze !!
So, I went down to Af Harbor to throw a few jigs Saturday and low and behold, the lake was capped again, BUMMER! Had been able to stand on the docks and work the harbor, not now. Looks to be about 1-2 inches. Was hoping the wind with the coming storm would blow it off last night. Will check tomorrow again. What a weird winter !!!
That is nuts!
Definitely a strange winter! Maybe ice fishing in the harbors in a few days!!!
[signature]
Thankfully, winter has finally arrived. We went from 13% of normal for snowpack, to 54% in 10 days out here. We got 15 inches of snow on President's Day and 6 more since then, in smaller storms. Now the -15 temps are challenging, smack dab in the middle of lambing and calving seasons, but I won't complain one peep. All that snow will be mighty welcome next summer, for growing crops and cattle. And hopefully, it will put a little water in the lakes and reservoirs for the fish, and those of us who love catching them.
[signature]
Amen, it gets real difficult to be around myself if I can't take a bath every day !! It would be nice if all the snow stayed in the mountains though, I hate to shovel it !!!

PS: Be gentle with the comments TD !!
"PS: Be gentle with the comments TD !!"

[#0000FF]Hey, I'm witchoo Matt. Like most of us Utah folks I realize that we need the snow...but I'd druther see it all in the mountains and not on my driveway.[/#0000FF]
[signature]