Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations on where to take first time ice fishermen
Looking for recommendations to take some newbies ice fishing this weekend. I have been traveling down to Fish Lake but I don't want to go that far this trip. I am looking for some place up North like East Canyon, Pineview, Echo, etc. Because they are young kids, "catching" is more important than "size". I have been following the boards, but would like recommendations.

Thank you in advance!
[signature]
It's getting a little late in the year, but if the edges are healed at Pineview, that would be a good choice. This brief cold spell may have extended our fishing just a bit. But I'd avoid steep edges like down by the dam. If someone breaks through trying to get on, it is instantly deep, and dangerous!
[signature]
Tried Pineview. Saw one other person on the ice north of cemetery point. We went out by the boat ramp. Edges were breaking up, used a plank to get on. Drilled a couple of holes. Ice 3", clear ice was 2" where we were at. Saw fish, had bites, only caught 1 dink perch in about 40 min. Packed it up and headed to East Canyon. Windy, but the catching for plantar rainbows was good. totaled 12 between 2 of us in about 1 hour. Ice was 9" where we were at. Did not see anyone else on the lake. Fished 60 FOW, caught at 16' down. White worked best.
[signature]