Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry marina 3-3 night
I took gear for open water at deer creek and ice tackle for the berry. Driving past DC I decided to take a chance on the berry and headed up the canyon. I arrived to no wind, 30 degree temps and sun.
Set up in the usual area north east of the lodge. Slow go for the first hour and then the fish started to show up. I’m still trying to figure out my new finder but the fish beeping feature sure works.
I had a fish up to the hole and it got off. Later pulled up an 18” cutt. Missed lots of bites and had a moment when both poles had fish biting.
Paddle bugs and curly jigs tipped with waxes and crawlers worked best.
[signature]
Good going! .... One of the only places with access left in town, so we may be at the Berry on Tues.....glad you made it, and found a few willing to play....
[signature]
Always a great trip at the Berry. You just know if you find fish they are going to be big enough to make the time spent worth it. May I ask how much snow there was on top of the ice? Debating if I should try another venture out to the narrows with the wheeler.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. Hoping to be down there on Wednesday. Maybe my last ice for the season. Hope not but not much left up north. Later J
[signature]
I was there Friday night on the Chicken Creek side. There is deeper snow in some spots than there was a week ago. I hit a couple of slushy spots on the snowmobile.
[signature]
What depth do you like to fish at night, and how long do they typically bite after dark? I have been wanting to make a late afternoon/evening trip up there for quite some time.
[signature]
They will bite all through the night. I was there on Friday from 6:30 PM until 11:00 PM. Fishing was steady in that period, but probably best between 7-9. It picked up again around 11:00, but it was time to go. I caught around 20 fish, all cutthroats.
[signature]
Snow was about 8” with a crust on top, but not enough to support much weight. I saw snowmobiles and a side by side with the snow trax on. I don’t think i would take a wheeler up there but I’m not a pro at them. It just seems like you would get stuck easy.
[signature]
I Have been fishing from 20-26’. Most of the fish were caught near the bottom but there are some suspended around 10-12’ down.
After 7pm seems the best for me. I had lots come through after 9 last Saturday. They just weren’t all that interested in my offerings. I’m still trying to learn that part of the berry.
It really is a lot of fun. Way quiet with most all the snow machines put away for the night.
[signature]