Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SE Idaho
has anyone been ice fishing in the Preston area recently. Im looking for a place
with fishable ice.
[signature]
Fished Glendale last Thursday. It has open water near the dam but the back 3/4 was 10.5" of good ice. Plenty of area to fish still and the perch, trout & bass were all cooperative. Edge was good but getting soft when we left. Morning bite was FAR better than the evening. Just shut off around 4pm.
[signature]
Thank you for the report, looks like there is still some fishable ice in Preston. Im gonna try to get on twin tomorrow am.
[signature]
Would love an ice report on twin if you don't mind. Was debating there or Glendale when we went.
[signature]
I drove up to Twin Lakes yesterday and over to Treasureton. Both places have open water and sketchy looking ice. There wasn't any evidence of anyone drilling holes anytime recently or tracks out onto the ice, so I didn't venture out. I would say those places are "toast" for this year.
[signature]
fished Twin today at the main dam. Two other groups fished out from the main ramp. There is open water on both ponds but many spots with 5 inches of ice. The fishing was good in the mourning but shutoff for the rest of the day. No trout only a few crappie bass and gills.
[signature]