Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL 3/10
Headed down to Lincoln about 8 had a suspicious truck follow me down. Was starting to wonder if I needed to start some evasive manoovers he pulls right up behind me at the ramp. It was BLK in his Sunday truck with out a boat. We talked for bit. He was asking about walleye, I told him the biggest thing is you ya got to go fishing.[Wink]

Headed to the island. Water temp started at 42 got up to 45 about noon. Had one carp take the jig and got a about a 24 cat by the tail. They really fight on light tackle in the tail. couldn't find what I after so I headed down past the orchards.water temp was up to 48 closer to shore. Had lunch and a little nap. Had a couple boats and tooners show up. Managed 2 WB was feeling crowded so I moved up in front of the L. Seen one waderguy put something on a stringer. Not sure what. Got good hit felt good. Swirled the water like a big female. When it popped up it was golden. Took the wind out of my sails. Getting good at gilectomees. Finally about dark, one little 17 inch eye grabbed hold. Waters a cool to spawn. But pelicans know it's getting close, there was 8 on the island and another flock flew past when I was by the orchards. Few comagants to.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Thanks for the report. It should warm up and get better there in the next few weeks.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I'm glad you found one of those elusive critters. I could have used a white or a carp out there on Friday, but I couldn't buy either one!
[signature]