Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake
Utah lake
3/10/18

I know this is a few days late, but myself, my dad, and my buddy Shane headed to the lake Saturday in hopes of finding some kitty fish.
Got on the lake around nine thirty in American fork and headed for the bubble up. Stayed there for a couple hours with not a bite. My dad did manage to break a pole throwing a crack bait for walleye. Broke mid cast. (I may have laughed)
After that we headed to the Saratoga springs harbor. We were there for a couple hours and my dad caught one white bass (bait) with a couple other bites. I had one solid bite on a spinner bait but missed the hook set. My dad also managed to lose the handle on a brand new reel while we were there. Fell off right into the lake.
We then headed for the inlet. Water was much deeper there. It’s Sad when seven feet is much deeper.... we fished there for a couple hours and my buddy Shane caught the first kitty of the day. A fat 27 incher. Unfortunately he is not signed up for the contest so I snapped a pic and let him go. Not too long later he caught a mudcat and that was it for that spot. Then headed to the AF boat harbor for one more go. Nothing there until we were packing up and my dad notice his bobber was gone... just a little mud. Oh, he also manages to break yet another pole when he got snapped in some weeds... he caught as many fish and poles he broke. Kinda an expensive trip for him...
it was fun being out and I am looking forward to the water warming and the cats getting really active.
Safe fishing ball!
[signature]
Glad you got out. Dad had a rough day not to mention an expensive one. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Glad to see youur post. Makrs the original cdbrc proud of his gs. Bry had a really bad day. Three of us went to Scofield for one last ice trip. We got 60 all together. One was a 2 1/2 #rainbow with 4 tigers. The rest were cuts NOT NOT one chub. We had to walk out on the ice because there was no snow on the ground down to the lake..No snow on the ground. The ice was still 14 inches thick but will turn into slush as soon as it gets warm. 33 of the fish were on my line in 14 ft. of water. Used 2 1/2 in. White skinny tube tipped with chub or meal worm. Fishing was fast early then slowed around 11. I've caught over 140 fish at Scofield (ice) since January. Oh, and three chubs.
[signature]
Thanks for a great report... Too bad about the bad gear day, hope that doesn't happen too often... Sounds like the fish did okay considering the time of year and all... Thanks for the report... J
[signature]