Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
catfish in CO.
Other than the main lakes, Where are some good places in the Denver metro area to get some lines wet and hopefully bring in some nice fish?

I catch some nice cats through the metro area but Im curious if there are any that I havent fished and what size others are catching from these spots.

Id post a picture of my success but I cant figure out how just yet. so if you have any help on that topic that would be great too!!
[signature]
Can't help you with your questions about catfishing in Colo but this should help you with posting your pics:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ead#unread

The only thing that has changed since this post about adding pics is that now you do not need to resize your pics. Let me know if you have any questions.
[signature]
I dont know if it worked or not... I have followed the steps but it doesnt seem to be posting the picture...
[signature]
Your picture post work just fine, that’s a very nice kitty you have.
I’m not too sure about the Denver area for cats but Boyd Lake in Loveland has some pretty good one. Last year a guy had one close to 30 lbs. I caught one that was 30 in. and I was jigging for bass.
[signature]
You know I used to fish Boyd all the time. Specially when the waters were low.
On the north shore, about ten years ago, we used to fish it a lot. Worms and dr juice used to kill em out there. We'd catch 10 species a night, and usually leave early because we had 100 plus pounds of fish on a stringer.

Only problem I have with Boyd is the boat traffic, specially if the water level is up. But yes, I agree Boyd has some big cats in it. they are some ugly cats in that lake, but they are some good eating fish.
[signature]
oh yea I have the same issue with boyd, too much traffic on Saturdays. I won't fish there on Saturdays any more only Thursdays and Fridays. I live real close to boyd that's why I fish it a lot. when I used to fish for cats I would use cut carp meat for bait, did very well with it.
[signature]
If you like Boyd and live in that area, go try lon haggler. There are some really nice cats in that lake. We have caught them up to 28 pounds out of haggler.

On the north side either by the boat ramp, or just west of the damn if the water is low is a good spot. produced some really nice fish there last year.

For bait, Black Tiger shrimp. not veined works better but you get the picture. Its a really easy way to imitate crawdads and cats seem to love it

Ive never heard of using carp meat but Im going to have to give that a try this year. I think any type of cut bait works really well. We have also gotten to the point where we use beef liver and it works better for getting out there on the long cast.
[signature]

Yea, I’ve herd some good things about haggler, I’m going to have to give it a try this year.
[signature]
P-town Res has some nice cats in it, and if you are up to make that drive than drive farther to John Martin for even better cat fishing.
[signature]