Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROCKPORT 02/11/04
[Smile]FISHED NORTH EAST OF BOAT LAUNCH. STARTING FISHING AT 7:00 A.M. TILL ABOUT 3:00. MUCH SLOWER THAN PAST TRIPS THIS YEAR BUT CONSISITANT. NEVER THE LESS A VERY FINE FISHING TRIP.
[signature]
Welcome aboard - thanks for joining the BFT gang...

So - How cold was it this morning at Rockport??

How much snow on the ice??

Catch any big one's???
[signature]
Welcome to the site. Looking forward to more reports. Were there alot of people up there? What were you using?
[signature]
welcome aboard!!!![Wink]
[signature]
Sweet screen name! Welcome to BFT. Looking foreward to sharing posts with you. [Wink] Thanks for taking the leap from a guest to a member.. Glad you did!
[signature]
THERE WAS ONLY A COUPLE OF INCHES OF SNOW ON THE ICE. IT WASN'T TO BAD COLD WISE UNTIL ABOUT 2:00 WHEN SNOW FLURRIES AND WIND KICKED UP. I DIDN'T CATCH ANYTHING BIG THIS TIME OUT. THE PERCH WHERE THE AVERAGE 8" TO 9" AND THE TROUT WERE SMALL AS WELL. TWO WEEKS AGO I DID CATCH A 3LB RAINBOW AND TWO 21/2 POUNDERS IN THE SAME SPOT.
[signature]
I WAS USING A PINK HEADED RAT FINKI WITH A CREAM HEAD TIPPED WITH EITHER NIGHT CRAWLER OR WAXWORM.
[signature]
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GREETINGS
[signature]
Anyone use mini jigs up at rockport? They really worked good when I went, and the fish don't swallow them like they do ice flies.

Anthony
[signature]
The last time I was at Rockport I used mostly jigs like mini jigs. And I agree, the fish don't inhale them all the way down. At the same time, I think they spit the jigs out faster too so it is a little more tricky to hook one.

I use mini jig style jigs whenever and wherever I fish for perch. Quite frankly, I think that almost anything tipped with a worm, waxie, or chunk of perch meat will catch perch as long as perch are below you. But I also like mini jigs the best.

m
[signature]
[Wink]I use the mini jigs for about everything, I find it easier to get the fish unhooked and the jig rebaited alot quicker. And they work great at most locations and species that I have fished for. [cool]
[signature]
welcome to the bft board. great place

good report
[signature]