Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float Tube rentals?
I know this is a dumb question, but...... does anyone rent tubes? I had a knee replacement and I think I can do it again, but my wife says I can't. I don't want to have my son send mine back to me from WA if I cannot do it anymore. LOL
Looking for a tube or toon? You can borrow mine and give it a try.... Mine is the Creek ODC 420 or I have a sportsmans warehouse 9 foot toon.... I live in Cache Valley next to Logan... There's a lake right here close and it's shallow for testing before you get in too deep... Let me know if your interested and I'll get it lined up for you... In fact I have a pond at my house that you can try it there without any hassle or mess hauling it around... If you're interested let me know and I'll PM the details of where to find me... Later J
[signature]
Thanks, but I don't loan things out anymore (best friend did me wrong) so I don't borrow either.

I probably won't find the rental, but I thought I would try.

Still, thanks again.
Okay I understand, but if you change your mind and just want to drop by and try it for a few here in the pond it's here and the offer is open to you. In fact I could take it to Willard for the flotilla on May 5th if you want to try it there. I still use these often so I won't let ya take them, but you can try them and see how they work for you. Let me know? Later Jeff
[signature]
[#0000FF]I have an extra Fat Cat all tricked out...with motor too. I would be glad to meet up with you down on Utah Lake for a test session. I can walk you through the launch and float process. And if you find that it ain't gonna work, I can make sure you get back ashore okay.

With a knee replacement you are wise to "try before you buy". Not all knee replacements are the same. I know of some former tubers who were able to get their new parts to function okay in a tube. But others quickly found that tubing was no longer to be a part of their angling activities.

I don't know of anyone who rents float tubes. You can find kayaks, paddle boards and other water toys but I can't recall ever hearing about float tubes.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
If the tube/toon doesn't work out with your new knee, I have one word for you: kayak.
[signature]
Thanks for all the support guys. I knew a friend years ago that had a leg amputation from diabetes and his friends found a way to make it work for him. But, I learned a long time ago to not "argue" with my wife, test first.

I thought about the kayak option, and have not ruled it out, but I own two tubes already. I let my son have them so he and his wife could play and then I sold them my boat a few years ago, so they collect dust now. But, not worth shipping one down from Spokane WA if it won't work.

I miss my old float tube days. I was part of the Idaho Float Tube Navy centered out of Boise to Twin Falls back in the 70's and 80's. When I took my tube to Colorado Springs in the 80's when I was in the Army, the locals had never seen such a device.

I had a toon I used in Montana for quite a while that I loved, able to run class II white water as well as still water, but my wife said I had too many toys.

I sure wish wives would learn it is not a "toy", it is just another awesome "tool" and men need more tools. LOL
I've got an old one that needs a seam sewn back up that you can just have if you want. Between the other two tubes and an inflatable toon that just collects dust now.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.